(Updated: March 14, 2022)
When looking for a recession-proof industrial market in the US, look no further than man’s best friend. You can’t go far without meeting a dog owner. 70% of US households own a pet as of 2022, with 69 million of those owning dogs. Not only do people love their dogs, but they also spoil them, no matter what the economy is like.
Pet Boarding Facilities Demand
Pet ownership continues to increase for many reasons, such as companionship and individuals wanting to form families. When they treat their pets like family, they also tend to spend money on their pets like they are family. The amount of money people spend on their pets continues to increase, even during recessions.
Not only does pet spending continue to grow during recessions, but The National Pet Owner Survey also reports that pet owners spent about 8.1 billion dollars in 2020 on services – including boarding. Pet owners want to know their pets are safe and comfortable while they are at work or traveling, and boarding facilities provide that.
Cost of Starting a Pet Franchise
Starting a dog daycare franchise doesn’t have to be out of reach. Many franchises will add on unnecessary upgrades that cause investment costs to increase for franchise owners. A Hounds Town USA Franchise, on the other hand, focuses on what dogs need. We want dogs to be safe, secure, and happy, and for our owners to be successful. That means we have a simplified approach with an affordable entry for franchise owners.
Initial investments will range between $339,300 and $628,500, depending on factors such as location, licensing and permits, fire alarm and camera systems, and other necessities. This investment is still approximately 40% lower than competitors. We also have over a 97% success rate in helping franchise owners secure the right SBA loans. Our goal is to help you get started with a successful, fulfilling business.
The Pet Industry is Hotter than Ever
Looking at industry facts and statistics will show you why pet industries are an excellent franchise opportunity:
- 38% of U.S. homes own a dog, a trend that has only increased over the years.
- In 2020, the pet industry surpassed estimates and became a 106.3 billion dollar industry in the United States.
- The Animal Care and Service industry is expected to have 33% job growth through 2030, which is a lot faster than average.
- The pet industry is a good investment because it has grown steadily over the last 30 years, it is recession-proof, and pets always need quality care.
Why Choose Dog Daycare?
There are many benefits to owning a dog daycare:
- You’ll find an easy-to-learn, easy-to-run business model with Hounds Town USA.
- Pet service businesses are one of the fastest-growing entities in the country.
- You will find an excellent work-life balance because most of your business is a standard workweek, Monday through Friday.
- You will have low inventory costs due to the nature of the business, so your cash isn’t tied up in goods.
- Premier branding, training, and marketing from Hounds Town USA
- Financial options are available based on your needs – we work with you to secure financing if needed.
- You love dogs and will find joy in your work.
Learn More About Starting a Hounds Town Franchise Today
When it comes to pets, people spend. More people are owning dogs, and dog owners are not afraid to provide lavish love and care. Recession-proof businesses like dog boarding facilities will continue to do well, and as a Hounds Town USA Franchise Owner, you’ll find success and fulfillment in a job full of doggy love. To get started with your dream job, contact us today!